What are the benefits of circumcision?
Circumcision has several benefits. Not only does it help aspects of penis health, but it can improve hygiene. That’s because a circumcised penis is simpler to clean and wash, especially for children.
The specific health benefits of circumcision include a lower risk of:
- Certain penis conditions: · These penile disorders include balanoposthitis (inflammation of the glans and foreskin), paraphimosis and phimosis, when the foreskin gets stuck out of place.
- Cervical cancer for partners: Female sex partners of circumcised men are less likely to get cervical cancer.
- Penile cancer: Men who had circumcisions are less likely to get cancer of the penis.
- Sexually transmitted infections: Men who had circumcision have a lower risk of certain STIs, including HIV.
- Urinary tract infections: UTIs are not common in circumcised males.